Jason has asked all club members to display a "winter silhouette" tree at the Bonsai and Bonfire event on February 1st. At this meeting, we will discuss prepping a tree to be displayed as a "winter silhouette". Bring the tree(s) you are thinking about displaying and you can get critiques/advice as well as help on your trees. This is a great way to help you decide which tree to put in the show!
Agenda Items to include:
- Identification of KAWA members’ assistance at Winter Bonfire and Bonsai Night
- Identification of education topics, speakers, workshops, working sessions for KAWA 2020 Meetings. (Goal: develop a calendar for the year.)
- JOY of Bonsai - there is much planning and follow up that now needs to be a priority. This includes:
- Reminding vendors that you know that space is limited and they need to register asap.
- Deciding what asian hors d’oeuvres we can serve Friday evening. We have limited cooking space, so we will need items that can be served cold or kept in crock pots. One suggestion made at our Christmas Party, during an informal discussion, was sweet and sour meatballs. Traditionally, the Hors d’oeuvres have been provided by our membership for Joy of Bonsai registrants for Friday. These are “nibblies”, not dinner! So, not only make suggestions, but think about what you would like to provide.
- Bonsai tree display - our members and others
- PURCHASE OF BLUEBERRY BUSHES - as soon as Jason receives dates from the owners of the fields that we can go he will let us know.